Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Savior Singing over ugly redemption


Friday, December 23, 2005

Do you ever find yourself caught up in longing.  It doesn't matter the subject of your longing, it could be anything or nothing, but you long so much for something.  I guess that is a good description of a soul, or at least mine.  I'm looking at a comment by a great friend, and it amazes me that little things in life keep me alive.  Really, if no one ever told me they loved me, or wanted me around, or all that 'emo' shit i would find myself dead to some degree.

Lord forgive me for not loving and so often finding that distaste for You in my mouth.  May the words of my mouth only shift to the redemption of my heart and the eternal thirst for You in my soul.  Longing is such a gift of God.  I want a wife, friends, community, love, real relationship without rejection of question of motive, all the desirable things.  Silly things like money, being able to be in a band again, and coffee are last on my desires, and really they aren't desires.

My Bible reads out how we as humanity are continuously responding to God by His creation or by personal relationship with Him.  My prayer life should reflect what i have learned from God that day, and so many times my prayers are empty, longing for something deeper and more passionate, but in that longing i find Christ singing over me.  And He loves my music, my tattoos, my love for Him, my passion for HardXCore and all those silly things as much as those deep rooted longings.

I hope and pray that all of you and i myself find ourselves more in love with God, the G-D of the Bible and the G-D of our lives and Creation and Redemption.  Bless you all. 

Thanks for being part of my longing.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend, you truly are a blessing to my life. Your words have heavily influenced my perceptions and challenged much of what I believed as Truth. I'm elated that you are sharing your voice with the world. More should hear what you have to say.
    Love you,
    H

    ReplyDelete