Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fear.

 "Fear is a state of nervousness only fit for children. Men should not fear. The only thing man should fear is God. To fear anything other than God is to offend God." Marcus Garvey, read in The Tao of Wu by The RZA.
There are a lot of things going on in my life.
I have given up on things.
I am gaining things.
Perspective mostly.
I need a lot, and am given a lot.
I am appreciative and confused at how much grace is still needed for me.

Most of it is responsibility, time management, but some of it is blood-drenched tears. That kind of sorrow that Jesus went through, keeping me up at night, looking at the pin-dot of light in my wife's eyes, even in the pitch black, knowing it must be in my eyes as well...even when i cannot see it.

I know "namaste" isn't a christian word, but it means the world to me. I know that people hold in themselves a "spark" of God, that thing that pulls on them when they do wrong.

Fear is as strong as death, but according to Solomon (in a point of wisdom) so is love! I hope I love more than i fear.

__Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment