Saturday, January 15, 2011

Reflections on last night.

Last night I was guest "pastor" on KBNJ's Rock 7 station, a local show that features rock music and metal and rap for younger listeners. I realized last night that I would have loved to talk about more stuff, but really, the people @thebrewery (my 'young adult' faith community) and my friends, the #outlawpreachers is the summation of my ministry right now.

I love my church, I adore St. John's United Methodist here in Corpus Christi, but if we are talking about ME and what makes me tick, its the grace and understanding and love of those individuals in St. John's who are by proxy a part of The Brewery. Grace, Mercy, un-Law, death-n-life, all of it wraps up in LOVE.

If love hasn't done anything, then I'm done trying to be 'good'.
If the law was only partially fulfilled in Jesus, and I and my friends have to be "good people" then I'm done.
THIS IS THE BEST PART, LOVE HAS DONE SOMETHING, JESUS HAS SHOWN THAT THE LAW IS ABOLISHED IN HIS DEATH, LIFE, RESURRECTION, HIS RAISING UP INTO HEAVEN, AND HIS LIFE IN THE OUR OWN BODIES.

Is that not enough for you? Ephesians 4:1-6 doesn't mean that we are uniform, but unified. My brother and sister Muslims, my Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, TransGender, and Queer friends, my friends who are Jews and who are Jew-ish, the tattoo artists and Bar-tenders who I should tip better, and Christians who understand Grace is a person in Jesus, and a work has been done to fulfill the disfunctions of humanity, in LOVE.

Live something that free's people, submit to God who has freedom in mind and function for ALL people.
SALVATION DID SOMETHING IN THE LIFE OF JESUS, AND IT DIDN'T CREATE A DENOMINATION OR RELIGION OR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT.

FIND OUT WHAT IT DID DO!
#GRACE #PEACE. -Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment